Innovator of Jharkhand: Col (Retd) Binay Kumar
He installed two schemes in Hazaribagh & Koderma district of Jharkhand under Mukhya Mantri Kissan Khushali Yojna (MMKKY), Govt. of Jharkhand.
Salient Features & Benefits
• It uses energy of flowing water of spring, stream, canal or river to pump
part of falling water to a height above the source.
• Lifts water to an elevation three to five times more than the water fall for Irrigation. Water can be lifted to ten times more than the water fall for Drinking water.
• Runs continuously for 24 hours.
• No cost of running i.e.
- It does not require any kind of fuel (diesel, petrol, kerosene, electric, solar, animal or human driven power (it runs on hydraulic power)
• Economical i.e. no recurring or running cost are required
• Easy Maintenance : Can be repaired easily as there are only two moving parts (Valves : affordable and available in market); No rotating parts and bearings.
• Villagers can operate and undertake maintenance easily.
• Social benefit: Community or group of people can use it for irrigation, drinking water for human and animal, cooking, washing and other household things. Villagers will own and contribute for the scheme as water is an essential commodity for them.
• Can be used effectively in hilly and mountainous regions in India such as Jharkhand, Chattisgarh, MP, Orissa, Uttarakhand, Jammu & Kashmir, North East, Maharashtra, Karnataka etc.
For detail information, please contact
Col.(Retd) Binay Kumar, psc, FIE
B Sc (Agri) Ranchi, M Sc (Agri) Pantnagar, BE (Civil Engg),
Prakriti Biotech Farm, At – Rohini, Masipiri, PO – Babhanbay, Hazaribag, Jharkhand
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, M - 09431141947